College of Western Idaho signs on with ESM
CWI to take advantage of ESM’s strategic partnership with Ellucian
The College of Western Idaho will deploy ESM Purchase, with integration to Ellucian Colleague through Ellucian’s Ethos communication platform, and ESM Contract Management to streamline its spend management practices.
Based in Nampa, Idaho, about 20 miles from Boise, CWI serves 31,600 students each year and operates with an annual budget of about $66.7 milion.
Before signing on with ESM, CWI had procurement and contract solutions, but looked to ESM when it needed more sophisticated systems that also provided better experiences for its users.
With ESM’s Procurement platform, CWI will deploy an online shopping portal where it can:
- Direct users to preferred suppliers and pricing to reduce rouge spend.
- Improve processes for both accountability and transparency.
- Integrate with its ERP—Ellucian Colleague—for budget checking and funds encumbrance and to receive data via Ethos.
- Cover the procure-through-receiving process, but continue to pay vendors using Ellucian Colleague.
- A fully searchable and centralized repository that contains multiple contract types.
- Flexible contract notifications that alert users about upcoming renewals and expiration dates and tracks deliverables to ensure nothing falls through the cracks.
As CWI considered its options, ESM came out on top.. The solutions are affordable. The team has spent years helping other customers integrate our solutions with Ellucian Colleague. And, ESM’s strategic partnership with Ellucian assures that customers will continue to enjoy excellent ongoing support with the Ethos integration.
This year, ESM and Ellucian announced that deeper partnership, which makes Purchase available as part of the Ellucian Spend Management Suite. We also were the very first spend management provider to integrate its solutions with Ellucian’s Ethos and, for our work, won Ellucian’s 2018 Engagement Award.
“We work hard to make our solutions user-friendly and affordable, and we’re thrilled to welcome the College of Western Idaho to the fold,” ESM CEO Anthony Rotoli said. “We also know that our strategic partnership with Ellucian was especially key for CWI as it made this important decision. And we look forward to helping more Ellucian customers like CWI streamline their procurement practices.