ESM Year in Review: 2022 Customer Highlights
ESM believes that intelligent procurement puts relationships first.
That’s why our most important relationships are with our customers. Every day, we work to help our customers succeed by delivering smart solutions that transform how they do business. Because when they succeed, we do, too. Here are a few customer highlights from the past year.
Over the past year, ESM has welcomed a number of new customers. Higher education institutions such as Baldwin Wallace University, Kean University, University of Lynchburg, South Orange Community College District, and Texas Southmost College selected ESM to help them modernize procurement.
On the K-12 side, schools such as Wyoming County Board of Education selected ESM to support their transformation from manual to modern by:
- Eliminating paper-based procurement forms
- Connecting manual, disconnected processes
- Reducing bottlenecks caused by limited access
- Keeping pricing accurate and up-to-date
Read more about how ESM Purchase will help Wyoming County Schools improve access and accuracy across the procurement process.
Customers Helping Customers
During Ellucian Live, two customers, Pima Community College and Central Community College, shared how ESM helped them to automate and modernize their procurement processes. They also shared best practices and lessons learned to help guide other ESM customers on their implementation journeys.
Steven Chambers, principal analyst, technology at Pima Community College, shared seven lessons learned during the evaluation and implementation of ESM. His advice includes:
- Develop within the environment you’re invested in
- Include professional services hours in the contract
- Include tech-savvy functional – or functional-savvy technical – resources in your configuration discussions
- Consider the various data feed integrations
- Choose where your workflows will live
- Only import a subset of suppliers into Ellucian Spend Management
- Recognize that you’ll have some dual maintenance (and be ok with it!)
You can read more about each of Steve’s lessons here.
Carmen Taylor, purchasing manager at Central Community College, shared seven best practices all institutions should embrace to have a successful implementation of Ellucian Spend Management.
- Identify what’s broken
- Articulate the benefit of making a change
- Start with baby steps
- Find your cheerleaders
- Identify the “must-haves” in a new solution
- Include lots of people in testing
- Set up an internal help desk
Read more about Carmen’s best practices here.
More case studies
McDaniel College – From Paper-based to Automated and Digital
Modernizing the Purchasing Process at McDaniel College
Delaware Valley University delivers a more convenient buying experience
ESM Purchase helps buyers make smarter purchasing decisions
Joliet Junior College masters supply chain uncertainty with ESM Source
During the pandemic, bidding and solicitation processes continue without interruption.
Joliet Junior College connects people to the resources they need
With ESM Purchase, JCC tracks spend, reduces costs, and delivers better service across its education community